1890, 1905 - Jan Mikulicz -Radecki, medical surgeon from Pełcznica
A famous physician and professor lecturing in Kraków, Königsberg (now Russian Kaliningrad) and Wrocław. He was a visionary inventor of new operating techniques and surgical tools. He created two schools of surgery, a Polish-language school in Kraków and a German-language institution in Wrocław. It is difficult to overstate his contribution to the medicine that is practised today: he is acknowledged as one of the pioneers of antiseptics and aseptics. Jan Mikułowicz took the chair of surgery in Kraków, then in Königsberg; after 1890 he ran a clinic in Wrocław. In 1895 he bought a villa in Pełcznicy near Świebodzice, near Wałbrzych, which allowed him to take beautiful walks from this town to Książ.